Wednesday 20 February 2013

Animation Effects

Another technical effect was the car crashing. Before working on this animation I did a short sample with the crash and used red Plastercine to hold up the car wile it rolled. The same technique was used for the final animation. The plastercine will be edited out in After effects.

Sample Crash

Final Crash


One of the shots I did was tracking shot of the car driving along. Normally a dolly is used, but because this was on a curved road I had to make my own contraption for the camera.

I tried putting marks down, but when I looked at the shot the car was good but the background was jumping around all over the place. Then I tried using a curved train track but because the lens was so heavy the camera kept tipping over. In the end I got a strip of plastic that lined up with the edge of the road, which is shown below.




No comments:

Post a Comment