Wednesday 20 February 2013

Helicopter Animation

When animating in stop frame things like flying are much more difficult than any other animation. So I knew the helicopter would be the most challenging. So in the end I animated on a Blue screen and will edit it in later.

At first a set up the green screen. But I did a quick test and realised that when I got rid of the green, some of the yellow went as well. So I tried blue fabric instead which didn't effect the helicopter.



I originally wanted to use a wire rip from above. But the helicopter kept swinging and would have ended up jumping all over the place. Luckily there was a hole underneath and I used a coat hanger to hold it in the air.


Animating the helicopter flying on the spot was easy, landing it was much tricker. The thick wire was sturdy but it wasn't easy to bend. So after trying different things I found a lamp which had bendable mechanism and painted it blue to blend in with the background. I was very happy with the animation.


No comments:

Post a Comment