Saturday 17 September 2011

Series idea


One idea I have come up with is a children’s program on gardening. I’ve noticed recently how much people are trying to encourage children to eat well and go out and exercise. Also, I was watching the Chelsea Flower Show, and Alan Titchmarsh was saying that they are trying to get children interesting in gardening. So I want to do my series on this idea.

My idea will teach children to get outside and exercise, learn about life in their garden, teach team building with family and friends, give them a chance to learn how to look after and care for things. It will also benefit healthy eating because it will encourage children to grow and eat their own fresh veg. So it ticks all the boxes children series aim for.  

The nearest to this idea out at the mo is ‘Mr. Bloom's Nursery’, which is live action with veg puppets.


I want my series to be in a garden but the characters to be common garden animals in stop frame, like a hedgehog and rabbit. Will research more on gardening animals. I think I would like the set to be a model but don't know if i should do the same for the veg its self, might keep them real. If they were real I could also maybe show the growth pattern of the veg through stop motion, like a picture of it every day to show how it will progress. 

No comments:

Post a Comment