Saturday 11 February 2012

Lighthouse Set

At the same time as the puppets I have been making the set for my lighthouse. The small model and the big scale of the top of the lighthouse.

The small one is made from polystyrene and the railing is made from wire. I used paper mashy to round of the edge at the top.


I've painted the lighthouse with gunk, which is white paint, p.v.a glue and plaster. The windows are made from plastic packaging and glued down.


This one the roof is made from foam, which I've carved in to shape.



As for the big lighthouse, the base is made out of wood and I've made it so the acrylic sheet windows can slot in the pieces of wood at the base and in between the foam slots.


My idea is that the camera will shoot from the right from outside the glass dome and have a camera shot from the inside. So to do this I have made the wall detach.

Shot for inside

Shot for outside


The lighthouse also has a staircase, which I made out of polystyrene.




No comments:

Post a Comment