Tuesday 21 February 2012

Lighthouse Texture

At the moment I am painting my lighthouse 'big' and 'small'. Now I want the lighthouse to come across old and weathered. So I've done a bit of research in to some textures and pictures of the interior of a lighthouse.




So first of all I've looked at these two textures for the metal. I decided on my last design to do the top of the lighthouse dark grey metal, but because it is old I want to add a bit of rust texture.



As for the lighthouse stairs, I want them to look like stone and warn away.



I also found a picture what the lighthouse paint could look like. I don't want the white to be too weight or the lighthouse will look too flat. 


Another thing I'm working on is the light. Now originally I picture the light to be half covered up so i would only shine in one direction, but when looking online I found mainly lensed lights.







I think the lamp will look nicer this way, but I'm a bit worried about filming straight in front of it. Will come back to this soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment