Tuesday 13 March 2012

Making Process

It's been a while since my last post, but I am now on the way to finishing my two puppets and sets.

First of all is my lighthouse which I've finally been able to making the railing out of tubing, and have now painted and is all textured. Now I only need to do the roof and the lens, which I want to make out of plastic bottles.










I have also done the stairs and have made them look like warn stone.



I have also done textured paint and a window for my small lighthouse. The only thing left to do is the door, but I am going to weight till I've done the big base first.


As for my puppets I have been having a hard time with the latex moulds and 1 out of 3 always goes wrong. like the welly on the left. Similar things have happened to the hands as well. Two moulds broke in the process as well and I sadly had to start from scratch with the welly mould.




I have also been working on finishing my puppets and I have finally made all the latex hands and wellington boots. I have also sprayed the faces white and are ready for their final caught. Next stage is hair and clothes and then they are finished.


Here are all 18 faces


Trying to move on to other work I have started making the big sand dune out of polystyrene, and have given the door a hinge so it can be animated being opened. My plan is to use paper mache or plaster to give a sharp edge to the base and cover the whole thing in sand. As for the grass i will use the bristols on a broom and paint them green. This sand dune will only be seen from outside, and I will have a different set for inside the cave.



I also did some samples of glued sand, the one on the right being the sand castle.


No comments:

Post a Comment