Wednesday 25 April 2012

Work Research

It has got to that point where I will be ending University soon and will be in search of a job. My plan is to apply to many companies, mainly children's T.V programmes. Companies I have found are from me searching on line work I like and my tutors giving information. I'm not too picky about what kind of job I do, but if I could choose then I would love to model making or set building. I also don't mind where it is either.

I guess my biggest goal/aim is to work for Aardman. So I've done a bit of research in to them.

They are based in Bristol and do many things ranging from feature films, T.V series, commercials. They also recently have a in house production in Salford.

Things they are working on that I would like to work under is either 'Timmy Time', 'Shaun the Sheep' or any of their commercials. On their website http://www.aardman.com/ they have a email links where you can send a showreel and a c.v. There is a link for enquiring about work placements as well.

I have also been lucky in this department because last summer I had a workshop making Gromit and was given a business card by Jim Parkyn, who makes Gromit for Aardman. Also, Miles Bullough Prodution manager came in and gave a talk and I have his contact details. He gave advice on whether to be a practitioner who make stuff or a creator who comes up with ideas. I personally see my self as a practitioner. Bullough said that they look for people who can produce ideas, they are happy to invest time and train. If I have nothing by October there is a Pitch festival that month to exhibit work, like storyboard or anamatic.

Overall Bullough said the best thing to do is have a strong showreel, have creative ideas and get your work across, like with a blog or vimeo (which I have got up and running).






No comments:

Post a Comment