Friday 25 November 2011

Budgeting Research

I've started budgeting for my series and have been looking at who I need and how much I think it is going to cost. I've looked at a powerpoint and PDF, with a list of employes in an animation series.

To get some more research I've been looking at Stop Frame companies like Aardman and Laika.

Aardman do a T.V show 'Timmy Time' which is a pre school series like mine. So I have looked at the credits at the end of the episode and it included Music, Script Editor, Voice Actors, Storyboard, Character Design, Character Development, Production Design, Assistant Art Director, Model Maintenance, Model Design, Set, Rigger, Runner, Props, Animator, Lighting Camera, Camera Operator, Gaffer, Editor Assistant, Editors, Foley Artist, Sound Design, Dubbing Mixer, Floor Manager, Production Assistants, Line Producer, Creative Director and Executive Producer. This has given me a good understanding of what kind of team I need and what each one does.

I've also looked at 'Fifi and the flower Tots' and in the credits it include Voice actors, Script Editor, Music, Art Director, Storyboard Artist, Studio Direction, Animators, Lighting Camera, Assistant lighting camera, Assistant Camera, Props, Set Dresser, Puppet maker, Puppet Maintenance, Senior Costume Maker, Costume Maker, Sets, Production Manager, Production Accountant, Production Manager, Production Assistant, Computer Graphics, Data Management, IT Support, Audio Post Production, Video Post Production, Creative Director, Head of Production, Commercial Director, Production Manager, Show co-ordinator, Director, Producer and Executive Producer.

Even though Laika focus on film, stop frame, I still did a bit of research in to their crew. I found a lot of information in this company, who employ a lot of different people. One site I looked at was 'IMBd' and I also looked at 'Laika' website its self, which was very helpful showing Executive, Director, Development, Production, Account and so on. Although this crew is for a big film, it will help me pick out the basics of who I need.

So I will mainly get research off 'Timmy Time' and 'Fifi and the flower tots' because they are a series and have less budget and staff.

No comments:

Post a Comment